I know I'm not in a place to devote myself to posting regularly. One, I don't sit at a desk for any extended period of time, and two, I have about an hour and a half of time between getting the boys to bed (yes, it's boys now) and going to sleep myself. In that time, I usually have laundry, dishes, my own shower, and a good glass of wine (okay, it's plural - stop throwing stones) to cover. I know nothing about television anymore, though I make an effort to watch The Newsroom On Demand. Why, you ask, do I not have the means of blogging anymore? Well, in addition to the subtle website tweeks that may fill you in, here's the convenient bullet-pointed list of how my life has changed since you last heard from me.
- On April 12, 2012, Deuce was born! He is the happiest, most carefree, crazy child you could ever imagine and I am completely and utterly in love with him. He joins big brother H in embroiling themselves in all sorts of scandals. Oh, and for reference, you'll see him referred to around these parts as "C."
- I survived a deep depression (I don't know if I would call it postpartum, but it did occur after C was born) during which I nursed C, read, hid in bed with the shades drawn, and not much else. I came out irrepressibly scrappy on the other side. I'm more myself than I was during most of the last ten years (for those in the know, the term "London Kelly" comes to mind). Watch the eff out!
- This led to the other C and I separating. Our divorce will likely be finalized early next year. We are now single for non-dramatic reasons. There is no bad guy, and if there is, it's me for needing something more out of life. You live, you learn, and sometimes you get divorced in your early thirties.
- I quit my job too! Around the time that the other C (and yes, I'll come up with a better name than "the other C") became a partner in his law firm, I realized I could not juggle my career with the demands of being a mom to two young sons. My legal career is not over, but it's on hiatus for the time being.
- In January, I started CrossFitting regularly. No other explanation for it, I am completely addicted. My body is ripped, more so than it has ever been in my life. Part of that scrappy part referenced above, yup, I can now kick your arse!
- Realizing I would soon be a single mom, I thought to myself, "Crap, you better find a job!" I began substitute teaching last Spring, and I am currently in the process of getting certified to teach secondary English, history, or math.
- We sold the big, fancy house and the boys and I moved to a quaint, rented house in North Arlington. Penny is staying with dad in the meantime, but I try to see her daily.
- I'm faced with the reality of dating as a single mother. Ahhh!!! Run for the hills! Are you kidding me? It's scary enough to think about it; I'm not ready to write about it yet!
- I do, however, find myself writing the most honest, personal post of my entire social media existence.
Before I start writing regularly, I'm getting back into Twitter, and I should probably fire up the old Instagram account as well. I hear all the cool kids are using snapchat too, but I've never been a cool kid. There will be no use of Pinterest without a dedicated purpose either. Y'all maybe over-the-moon about it, but I'm pretty "eh" on the whole Pinterest thing. For now, look for me on Twitter, facebook, or Instagram. I'm making an effort to be around and share my new adventures. Peace out, kids.